Friday, July 11, 2008

Conversation with Evan over the past few days..Niki you'll enjoy this one!!

WEDNESDAY
Evan: Hey Em, I have the day off on Friday and I'm planning on going fishing with YOU!
Emily: That sounds like so much fun. I'm so excited. Where to?
Evan: The Owyhee's fishing for brown trout.
Emily(in my mind): That is so precious my husband wants to go fishing as a family with me. How cute is that! We'll take a picnic, take pictures, Mack and Brooklyn will love it. My husband is so cool!
THURSDAY
Emily: Is the fishing still on for Friday Ev?
Evan: Yes, I'm going fishing with YOU!
Emily(in my mind): I am so excited! This is going to be so much fun.
THURSDAY NIGHT
Emily: Now where are we going Evan?
Evan: I'm going to the Owyhee's with HUGH
Emily: WHAT....ZZWHWWWAA?
Evan: HUGH, my friend HUGH, you know my fishing friend.
Emily: silence......silence...silence.....silence....OH..HUGH....not YOU!

10 comments:

Jaylynn said...

Typical Guys! Hey Em, it's so good to hear from you and to find your blog!! Your little girl is adorable! How was Bear Lake? and the in-laws? We ended up just staying around here, since our friends couldn't make it, so we just went up to Sun Valley/Boulder area and did some 4x4 ATV'in up there. Hopefully we can meet up soon though, since you're in Boise right?!
Jaylynn

Lee Family said...

If he knew you really wanted to go, I'm sure he would be really happy. I'm serious.
I will say once again, I think I warned you about marrying a hunter/fisherman. did i? You're awesome for being so excited to go fishing though.

Mom said...

I think Evan must have that 'Utah' accent, as in "_uman", _umid, and all the other 'H' words that I get teased about! but he has to be pleased that you would be excited to go fishing!

abby's photo shoppe said...

I love this story. This is so YOU... not Hugh. Oh, and Brooklyn is the cutest! Can I come over and mum on her for a while? sigh.... I think she needs me to babysit her. She told me. Later,
abbalicious

Allen Family said...

Priceless! Just made me laugh out loud. Oh, I mean LOL. You make me smile all the time. I wish we could play all the time. Ready to move to Utah yet? Oh! I know! We are coming to Twin the weekend of the 25th for an air show. Want to come play and stay at Scott's parents' house??!! Please bless. Tell Ev the Blue Angels (or something like that) will be there and maybe that'd get him into it.

Chrissy said...

Emily--I love it! I wish I could have heard you tell me the story!! Hilarious!
Keep checkin your email for an evite!!!!!!

Tara said...

Em!
It's me from Costa Rica! Just had a min by the pool and thought I'd say HI! I hope it shows up on your map, how cool will that be? Can't wait to fill you in on all the "fun" I've been having:) Remember, you're speaking if anything happens...You tell Mr. Evan I am taking you on a week long deep sea fishig excursion with just me and you and all our little girl friends, that will get him!

Lynnette said...

Ok, that is so funny! I can totally see you two having this conversation!

Bob

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

Oh this one is classic!! You had me crackin up! Who needs those husbands and brown trout anyway, right?????

Heather Hunzeker said...

Em, this is HILARIOUS!! So totally you! I love it!!