Wednesday, July 9, 2008

D' ALENE COEUR

One time my mom answered her phone and it was for Abby. She looked on caller and ID and said, "Abby, someone is on the phone for you..it's D' Alene Coeur." Confused, Abby comes to the phone and looks on the caller ID. Well, needless to say, it was someone calling from Coeur D' Alene. My Mom gets confused sometimes but that's why we love her.

Brooklyn and I went to the library for story time. It was Eric Carle Day and so we read all of his books and did a little craft shin-dig. Brooklyn already knows how to write her name and paste and glue. What a smarty pants. Takes after her mom.
We went to Coeur d' Alene and Elk to see our lovely friends Emmett and Ashley. It was so fun! We lived up in the woods for 5 days. I caught 20 bass fish while I was there. Yes, I'm bragging! It is such a beautiful part of Idaho. This pic is as Lake Coeur d' Alene. Brooklyn was so funny. This was her face the whole time. I picture her thinking "Oh my feet, they're getting wet. Oh, my swimsuit is too tight...I'm fat in my suit. I don't like it here." She had a low whiny voice but no tears just whiny voice.

We went on a hike in the dead heat of 97 degrees. Ashley and I perservered and made the trek.
This is at the Lake too. We don't take many family pictures I must confess. I need to be better at it.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love the pics Em, I'm so glad you finally updated--slacker!!!!!!

Lee Family said...

I have to admit, I was laughing out loud about your mom telling Abby it was D'Alene. that is funny.

Brooklyn is a genius and her mama's a hottie. wahoo.

mia veronica said...

hahaha - - I love that story about your mom -it just makes me smile:) It looked like the trip was fun and have to give it to you that you not only hiked, you hiked lookin stylish - Love the earings and I guess . . .love you too:)
mia

Emmett and Ashlee said...

We had so much fun with you guys. Thanks for coming.