Thursday, June 19, 2008

FUNNY STORY

So....I've come to realize that I'm a pretty smart girl...ya know,...got my head on straight...a realist...booksmart...good grades in college...I read and like to to learn new things. BUT....there was this one time when I was in hygiene school and I had my semester review with Mrs. Kawamura...and to make it short...she told me that they've concluded that I'm a "scatterbrain." What the heck!!! Needless to say I was organizing queen after that. I admit sometimes I'm not the smartest tool in the shed when it comes to common sense. For instance I am a full-on hands-on learner. Evan, on the other hand,...he is so full of figuring things out on his own. OK so I'm not the most common sense smart. Here's my story. Since having Brooklyn my hair has been shedding by the handfuls. It's so annoying. Whenever I shower, clumps and clumps come out so I have to clean out the drain every second so it won't clog up. Well, about a month ago, I noticed the drain clogging up and it wouldn't drain so while I'm showering the water would continue to rise to my ankles and it would take forever to drain afterwards. I tried to get Ev to fix it but sometimes he likes me to learn his way and just "figure it out" on my own. So I unscrew the drain, reach in there and NOOOO hair whatsoever. So I buy draino stuff and use it twice on the drain and nothing. Still, it continued to clog. I hate this cuz it leaves that grime on the sides of the tub which is soooo gross. Keep in mind this was a month ago so I've been showering like this for a month with water up to my calves almost. Well,.....the other night I was showering and I get out of the shower to dry off and I'm so frustrated because I can't figure it out by myself...and I don't know what to do. So I'm staring at the tub for like 5 minutes and then....then it hits me. My eyes turn to the drain.....then to the switch that you switch when you want to take a bath. This was all in slow motion by the way. Slowly I reach over to it...and press the switch down. It starts to drain. I have had that stinkin' lever up this whole time!!!! So embarrassing. I have been laughing at myself for days. I am such a DITZ! Mrs. Kawamura was right...I am a little scatterbrained. Just thought you all might enjoy this story just so that you all won't think I'm perfect, which most of you think that I am. It's hard to admit ladies but it's true. Emily is not perfect as you might think....I'm totally joking on that last one for those who may not understand my humor.

15 comments:

rachel harris said...

Em,

Pretty funny story!!! Love ya anyway! Just a tip....use CAUSTION when typing because you said you're "not the smarted tool in the shed" Did you mean smartest? I just had to EM. And I hope you appreciate the spelling of caution from your drive home. Did you take a pic?
Love ya,
Your sis

rachel harris said...

Em,

Pretty funny story!!! Love ya anyway! Just a tip....use CAUSTION when typing because you said you're "not the smarted tool in the shed" Did you mean smartest? I just had to EM. And I hope you appreciate the spelling of caution from your drive home. Did you take a pic?
Love ya,
Your sis

Tara said...

Em, I am laughing SO hard right now but I'm even more proud that you figured it out before Evan walked in, looked at the drain, and flipped the lever up in a mere two seconds!! You are the cutest scatter brain I know, what's the seagull's name on Little Mermaid, now he's a scatter brain. What does Ms. Kawamura know anyway, I forgot all about her! Glad you didn't drown in your own shower before figuring it out:)

Tara said...

SCUTTLE!! That's his name right?

Allen Family said...

Classic. So glad you shared. It is good that you have at least one or two minor flaws to keep you human. It helps you put up with the rest of us.

Lee Family said...

you so funny Em. This story makes up for the fact that I didn't win smelly lotion. Mrs. K doesn't know anything. Thanks for sharing.

Kara said...

Hillarious! I hear you lose a little of your mind with each pregnancy..you planning to have more kids? ;)

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

You're hillarious Em! That's tottaly something I would've done! By the way, my hair is still falling out by the handfulls too! I'm so sick of it! If your drain does clog again the best way to get it out is... you're gonna think this is gross but it works... take a wire hanger and stretch it out down the drain... then go fishing for hair... it's disgusting what you will find but it works miracles (way better than draino )

Vegas Anderson Clan said...

Em,
Oh, I love it. I love it even more that you shared for us all to read and love you even that much more. You are so funny. I can just see you getting frustrated and then finally figuring it out. You crack me up. It is nice to know that you are human though, I was beginning to wonder.

"R" Team said...

Are all guys the same way? Rich is always telling me that I need to learn to do things for myself and not be so dependent on him. You think they would like the big strong man complex.

Mom said...

That's MY girl, Em! And I'm glad you've learned that if you tell everyone about your 'oopsy's first, it's alot more fun than if you try to cover them up! Besides, someone will ALWAYS find you out and tell on you!!!!!
love,
mom

Lynnette said...

And I thought I was blonde, that is so funny. I han see you makingb every move!

bob

Jamie . Amanda . Kyla . Dalton . Isabella Meikle said...

Emily, your baby is beautiful. I love your blog. Hay, did you get a ticket from the cop the other day. We need to do lunch again. Amanda (Edwards) Meikle

Heidi said...

That is hilarious, I love your funny stories.

Jaylynn said...

OH Emily, I am so glad I found your blog! This sure does bring back the good ol days of DH school and being put down and humiliated by all the teachers! Actually I would never actually call those the "good" old days, more like the "worst" days of school ever! But we made it thru and now we reep the benefits! Anyways it's so good to hear from you and your baby girl is adorable, Congrats! Jaylynn