Monday, April 21, 2008

GREEN RIVER






Posting a few pics for the fam of our trip to Green River with the Hoge family.
It's always an adventure when the Hoge's get together. His family calls it a seige..well because it is! It's the seige's that make it most memorable. I was telling Evan last night that every member of his family adds a certain dynamic to the family. Without one..it wouldn't be the same. We can't wait for Bear Lake on the Fourth. Sarah, thanks for the Hotel Larson and Bonnie, watch out for flying pizza!! JK One funny story my friends will enjoy! I was feeding Brooklyn in the car at McDonalds downtown SLC before Seneca and I left for Green River. As I'm in the car, this homeless man comes up to my car window and asks me for spare change. This sure was awkward. Here I am half naked feeding my baby and this man is asking me to find my purse and give him change trying not to expose myself. I roll down my window about an inch and yell, "Can't you see I'm nursing my baby!" He just stood there like it was no big deal. Generous Seneca gives him a buck. Just typical that awkward things happen to me like this. I love that awkwardness sometimes.

6 comments:

Mandy Eames said...

Emily! Hey, I saw you on Niki's blog and had to take a peek at you guys! I can't believe you had a baby and I didn't even know! She is a doll! They are so fun to dress up. We have a 10 month old girl and love her to pieces! I wish we still lived by each other and they could become little friends.
Congratulations!
:o) Mandy

Vegas Anderson Clan said...

Em
I can just see you screaming that to the poor homeless man who just wanted your spare change. Too funny though. Yes, come on down when Even gets to come. You are welcome to stay with us too if you like.

luvmy5boyscora said...

I am laughing! Stuff like this always seems to happen to me too. Glad I am not alone.

Tara said...

Em, there's another one of your "come backs"! i would've just ignored they guy but no, you roll down your window and actually SAY something, love it! I want a motorbike, that would be a fun new "girl's trip" adventure! Keep an eye out for one, perferrably yellow with purple stripes!

Trevor, Amber, Matix and Nivelli said...

Oh Emily that is so funny. I nursed Matix until he weaned himself at Two Years Two Months. I have had pretty much every awkward thing happen to me possible. They always make great stories.

Heidi said...

That is so funny. Niki told us one time about you in a fight w/some girl at the gym while you were on the phone w/her...I can't really remember the details but I remember we were dying. Also, I think Rachel said something about you & some 90 year old racing for 2nd to last place in a half marathon?? I love it. P.S. the picture of Brooklyn in the red blanket is so sweet, & I LOVE the mom jeans.