Sunday, January 25, 2009

TRUE LOVE that's what this is!

2 stories, first off, yesterday my sista, rach, calls me and tells me there is is great deal at albertsons on 7up...see pic below

you buy 5 and only have to pay tax. i'm so excited but brooklyn was napping, then my friend came over, then ev was coming home soon so quickly my day was running away and i forgot about it and spaced it. so ev gets home and i take 30 min to myself and run to alberstons....right when i get there they had given away their last 7ups. i was so sad:( and frustrated with myself. if only i had been 2 minutes earlier. you know, i love a good deal. i was so mad at myself...i don't know why but this was a big deal to me at the time and it was all my fault cuz i could have come sooner and stocked up. the night manager saw me in distress and called the other albertsons...they all were sold out. so i pouted and moped(sp) outside and decided to hit DI to bounce back from my acute depression. while driving i get this sudden urge to call another albertsons in the direction i was driving...i do and guess what....they had a few left but i better hurry cuz they can't hold em. i hauled over there, run in, and with a huge smile on my face i tell the managers patrolling the few pallets of 7up left how they had made my entire night. I proceed to get my cart and the manager asks me how many i want...i tell him 5 cuz that was the max you were allowed to get, then he asks me again...how many do i want...i looked at him puzzled....10?.....he fills my cart and asks again...how many do you want...i say 15? so the manager gives my 15 two liter bottles of 7up....bottomline,.....i paid 90 cents for 15 of those bad boys. i was on cloud nine. i got in my car on the biggest adrenaline rush, took a few breaths then thought to myself...what the heck am i going to do with all of this? i wanted the "deal" so bad. i'm such a sucker for good deals. why was i so excited over sugar infested 7up to rot my teeth and make me fat..well, i've come to the conclusion that i don't know why, i don't really care, it was free, and it was fun...the end.

next story, so i hear about this deal at macy's that they are giving away free beauty products and all you have to do is sign your name and pick from the choices. i get to the front of line, sign my name and went to pick my beauty product. i had two choices...see below.,....



how am i supposed to decide, i'm 31, i'm wrinkling away, i need this estee lauder night repair like no other, i need the moisture surge cuz my face is drying up...how am i suppose to make this decision? i seriously get anxious when it comes to decisions like this. so i pick one and get this great idea...go out the car where ev was impatiently waiting.. try to make a sad face and ask ev if he would go in and get the other one for me. bless his little heart, ev goes into macy's in the womens makeup counter with all these ladies probably sweatin' up a storm feeling very uncomfortable and asks the lady for the product. SUCCESS, he gets the goods...mission accomplished! poor evan, sacrificing his pride of all things for this, bear of all bears, evan gets in touch up with his feminine side for his wife to be happy. isn't that just so sweet!? i had a smile on my face the rest of the night just imagining evan at the makeup counter trying to act cool but i know he felt very very uncomfortable. this may sound small but it was a very big step for evan to step outside his man-ly comfort zone for me. that's true love, that's what this is edward.(name that movie) side note: he did make a deal with me that if he got the goods he could go coyote hunting the next day...all day. there's always some catch but....as i like to say(jk i don't really like to say but it sounded good right now) "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." the end

10 comments:

abby's photo shoppe said...

mary pat, mary kate, mary francis.... it's pretty woman bay-beeee

Wendy said...

What a bargain hunter! You go girl, I'm impressed with your devotion to a good deal. You're an inspiration to all of us out there that love something free - or next to free.

Tara said...

way to work it missy...that's the best "card" you've played yet- 15 7ups for 90 cents?? that's sick, and i love that ev went into macey's asking for your product, you so owe him, i can't even believe he really did it after waiting outside in the car impatiently...that's an edward for you! i was worried it might get x-rated on what you owed him, but if he gets his fix on coyote hunting, well you let him pack his little gun while you carefully massage that new moiturizer into your lovely face:) i haven't gotten that kind of killer deal forever, you were truly guided to that albertsons!

Hilary said...

Oh Em. Those are good stories. You made me laugh, which I needed. I'm just jealous that Evan would actually do that, cuz I KNOW Josh would NEVER do that for me. Count your blessings. As for the 7-up, I think we are both on the same page. It sounds like something I would totally do. Congrats on the good deals!!!

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

Oh I love it!! You can really give a girl a good laugh Em! I didn't know you were such a bargain shopper ;) Way to go!

us said...

Fun. I love a good deal. I've been getting tons of free stuff lately. There is an awesome website to follow if you want to get started. It is www.slavetosave.synthasite.com. I mostly do the drugstore deals and some of the grocery deals. Check it out. You will get hooked!

Holly said...

That's too funny!! That sounds like something I would have totally done!

Lee Family said...

I am so proud of your bargain SHOPPING! totally funny Emiline. I can't believe we talked on the phone for like 2 hrs. I miss you!

Jaylynn said...

Hilarious! I love your stories! It sounds like something I would totally do, I love a killer deal, and I get so worked up and anxious over little things like that, gotta get the deal. And wow, what an awesome husband you have to go into Macy's, i mean, come'on, that can't be for real!?!

James.Megan.Ava.Fischer said...

I wish I could have seen it with my own two eyes. What a good husband. We're going private with our blog and I don't have your email address to send you an invite. Email me at megzbegz01@hotmail.com and I'll send you one. Hope all is going well for you guys. If you need some sunny weather come see us in AZ. Spring training is only a couple weeks away. We've got plenty of room for you guys.