Tuesday, October 7, 2008

5 Random Acts of Emily

I'm not really a "TAG" person but my friend Julie wanted me to share a few random things about myself that most people don't necessarily know...nor they might not care to know...nevertheless...I'm posting it anyway. So here are 5 things you may wonder why you are still friends with me after this.


#1 I really enjoy wearing weird things around my house. I don't know why but I love wearing random outfits that don't match, maybe a ragged old shirt that I've had since highschool and a skirt, maybe I'll shove my hair up in 50 different clips on my head and then put a hairband over that with some tight leggings that shouldn't be worn in public with an oversized hoodie that should in no way complement the leggings and high heel shoes. I think it's funny and fun. So pretty much don't show up at my house expecting me to be dressed appropriately...maybe for a circus.

#2 I think I have a bit of anxiety when it comes to grocery shopping. I'll go to get a loaf of bread and end up standing there for 15 min. stressing out about which one to buy. The whole wheat, the blackbread, the yummy grandma's bread, the expensive kind, the cheapest kind? Then I come home with one and end up realizing I bought the completely wrong one.

#3 I let Brooklyn pinch me! Some babies fall asleep holding a blanket or drinking a bottle or listening to music...well, Brooklyn likes to grasp on with her two little "pincher" fingers and "pinch" herself to sleep. It's a good 10 minutes or so of pinching taking place. I need to take a picture. I will and post it soon. It somehow soothes her so I bare through the pain and sacrifice my body like any sane Mother would..whatever I need to do as long as Brooklyn sleeps peacefully...right? My sister has nicknamed her PINCH...it's so cute.

#4 I like turtlenecks!! Why you ask? I don't know, I just do. I'll wear them any chance I can get. It covers my body...maybe...it reminds me of fall..maybe...I don't know why, I just do.

#5 I, for some reason, always have to have a clutter somewhere. I'll clean my house up an down but stangely, I can't have something completly clean. You know how Native Americans will weave a rug but can't have it complete a full circle or square or design. It has to have an outlet of some sort? Well, that's my reasoning behind my clutter. It can't be perfect. And I don't purposely do it..that's the thing...I try and try to "complete the circle" but somehow I just can't do it. It like a superstition. Evan's nickname or term of enderment for me is PigPen on Charlie Brown.

That was kind of hard to do but I can't let all my secrets out. There are just of few for you. ENJOY!

4 comments:

Meegan said...

I laughed so hard at these. I have always wanted to be one of those people that "throws" on clothes without a care of how they look and (gasp) goes out in public. . . someday.
#5 I can TOTALLY relate to. No matter how much I clean and organize there is always a corner that will be cluttered. Drives Jason crazy.

Kara said...

Okay, love the random facts...I wish we lived closer so I could stop by and see the fun outfits. I'm just way too boring and functional with my style..I need help! Awesome about the yoga. I've always wanted to try it...maybe this winter.

us said...

You are so fun. Tell Evan that Mesquite is more important than hunting. I would love to see you guys. It will be a good time!

Tara said...

Here I was, thinking I knew every dark secret and now I feel like I don't even know you!! j/k I'll be your Charlie Brown twin, but my clutter moves from one corner to the other corner to the top of the washer to the cupboard in the laundry room. It moves as often as Cole notices it, so he thinks I'm getting rid of all this crap but little does he know if he opened up the one cupboard, it would all fall out on him:)

My dear friend, I love yoga, and I love to randomly say, "Namaste" (along with the hands pressed in front of the heart) throughout the day especially when I'm stressed, feeling anxiety or freaking out, it reminds me to find balance in body/mind/heart- it totally works!

And to honor you and your shining example, I am declaring one day a week an "Emily" day and will only wear random things I haven't worn forever and do my hair like I never would and just let it be, let it be and know that it's just "Emily";) Namaste, now go drink lots of water...(that's what my yoga teacher always says after it)