Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bikram Yoga

Here it is...This is what I have been doing the past 20 days! For my birthday, I bought a pass to this Bikram Yoga..AKA Hot Yoga parlor...or gym..whatever you call it! I paid $20 for 20 days and I could go as many times as I wanted. The class is 90min in a 105 degrees and 40% humidity designed to warm the muscles and allow them to stretch and tone. It is a system of wellness, restoration and rejuvenation. The heated studio facilitates deeper stretching, prevents injury, relieves stress and tension and detoxifies the body. It is designed to systematically stimulate and restore health to every muscle, joint and organ of the body. Participants are guided through a series of 26 postures. The heart, lungs, blood circulation, muscles, brain activity and mental capacity are all affected by particpating in the art of yoga.You perform 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises . WOW, It has been such an experience.
I'm not one of those people that get "hooked" on things or "swear" they are a miracle cure but I definitely have felt a difference in my back, neck, and mind. I have slept better,....I still eat a load of candy frequently, but I do feel more calm and focused AND I feel like it has changed my body somewhat...for the better. I never really workout my back or abs but this is pretty much all it works out. I leave completely drenched but so revived and definitely sore the next day. Mainly, I have just loved the experience to try something new and push myself a little harder than I normally do. The poses are a little strange and the dialogue is a little dramatic but I just took it for what it's worth and tried to do my best. So what I'm saying is LONG LIVE BIKRAM YOGA.....JK. Maybe you should try it out sometime! I wish I could go more but it's about $100 a month after the initial $20 for 20 days deal. My last day is Thursday so I'm sad but definitely happy for the experience. .........Namaste!.........I had too say that...just to be funny......I'm not that die hard.


No comments: